Monday, March 1, 2010

2 + 2 = 22

For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing back pain. I think it's my body's way of telling me I'm getting old. And lo and behold, today I got older!

Up until 21, all birthdays were exciting, there was anticipation towards them. 20th was kinda iffy, leaving teenage but not really..hanging in the middle. But 21 held anticipation. I was legal in USA! (not that it mattered since I'd been legal in Canada for 3 years already...and didn't really put it to any use)

22 is such an ugly number. You'd think two of the same numbers would hold some intrigue for my math-minded brain, but no such luck. I don't like them together. They lack symmetry (if they were facing each other, they'd be symmetrical) I like symmetry.

22 also holds a lot of responsibility. I've finally left teenage forever...F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Now, I've to learn to use my money wisely(which I do already anyway), drive at an appropriate speed and be less headstrong and more compromising. Be more responsible.

I'm not quite ready to let go of teenage yet though. I'm not ready to change my driving habits or be more compromising.Or to be more responsible or less stubborn. I'm not ready to let go of any of it. But I guess no one's expecting me to change overnight. All these things will come with time, I hope.

To sum up my feelings, I'll quote Joey Tribbiani from F.R.I.E.N.D.S on aging:

"Why God WHY?! We had a deal!"

Happy Birthday to me! 

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday! :)
    fyi, 24 is uglier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!
    I don't even want to think past 22 right now..it all just seems downhill from here

    ReplyDelete