Thursday, April 8, 2010

MFOD #2, 3, 4

I've been through many episodes of MFOD in the past few months.

#2) Iktara from Wake up Sid
What a song!!

Main to kisiki hokay yeh bhi na jaani
Ruth hai ye do pal ki ya rahay gi sadaa

#3) Pankho ko from Rocket Singh
The presence of Ranbir Kapoor just makes everything exponentially better...fell for the guitar but the song's good too! (Credit to this post. Even though I saw the movie, it wasn't until reading that post that I actually listened to the song)

Dil ki patang chalnay ko dikhati hai
Dheel to do, dekho kahan pay jaati hai
Uljhay nahi toh kaisay suljho gay
Bikhray nahi toh kaisay nikhro gay

#4) Bol na halke halke from Jhoom Baraber Jhoom
I've liked this song since the movie came out (what a crappy movie, btw!). But I didn't download it until a few months ago, I think. Today, the television was randomly on and this song was the background music for promoting Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's upcoming concerts in the US of A and I just wanted to hear the rest of it. I opened my laptop, hit play on my iTunes and now it's on repeat. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's voice is just phenomenal! Every song of his is worth listening to a hundred times, worth an episode of MFOD.

(There's also this stupid North American desi-store commercial that has Jashn-e-Bahara from Jodhaa Akbar playing in the background...always leaves me craving for the rest of the song)

Back to the books now! Four finals next week! Kill me now!

P.S. Can't wait for the return of Coke Studio to get some authentic Pakistani music back into my life! The music scene in Pakistan has been relatively dead lately or maybe I've been relatively disinterested.

No comments:

Post a Comment