Saturday, October 31, 2009

I desperately want to...

- curl up on the sofa and re-watch movies all night long. Movies like Kal ho na ho, Rock on, Jab we met, Jaanue tu ya jaane na, Sleepless in Seattle, The Wedding Singer, A Walk to Remember, You've Got Mail etc. Anything sweet, sappy and invoking the urge to cry or sob, preferably

- be quarantined to my room with a fever...as morbid as that sounds. But the reason behind it is that I desperately need to clean my room and I don't want to go to work tomorrow and I also need extra studying time

- go back to easier times

- go see my high school friends and some university friends

- not live in this place or study at this University

- live on my own in a city I enjoy with nicer, friendlier people

- figure out if I'm going to be going to Pakistan next summer or not. With everything going on in that country, I am willing to not be a part of something I have been waiting for for years, just because my life is more precious...even though, I could be hit by a bus in Canada tomorrow. But I still don't feel comfortable putting myself in a potentially dangerous situation.

- figure out life in general

- have things work out in my favor and the way I want them to...just once even

- not go to the concert tomorrow but secretly, I hope I am pleasantly surprised since I have low expectations

- do well this semester and year

- stop caring about everything and everyone. I'm pretty much halfway there. or more than halfway even.

- have someone to bitch to without having to hear their opinions

- have friends who celebrate Halloween with as much zest as the goras. I want to dress up and go to a Halloween party. Might wear some kinda head gear to work, if I can find anything.

- travel

- have richer friends who're willing to traipse the world with me

- have a little more freedom

- have an exciting, fulfilling career

- know what life has in store for me so I can prepare for it

- graduate

- go to grad school in a fabulous city, make fabulous friends, live a fabulous life

- not study this weekend or next week. A midterm on Monday and a final on Friday and this Saturday's a write-off.

- go shopping for boots

- stop caring about money

- eat Denny's or McDonald's or anything artery-clogging right now

- go to New York for New Year's Eve and watch the ball drop in Times Square

- meet and befriend genuine people

- undo damage done  by others to others that ended up affecting me the most

- shop at Ross in California

- go to Europe, specifically Paris, Venice, Rome, London

- enjoy life more

- buy Pakistani designer clothes

- hear Ali Azmat sing live/unplugged (preferably to me :P)

- buy more designer purses

- own a sweet car

- cook

- learn how to belly dance just coz

- learn Arabic

- go to Dubai

- attend an awards show, Academy Awards, Filmfare, Lux Style...I'll be fine with any

- be an entertainment journalist

- own a restaurant

- switch back to Engineering or Sciences

- know if the decisions made have been for the best

- see the fruits of being a good girl

- eat French fries, preferably from Jinnah Super in Islamabad

- go to Freddy's in Lahore

- live in San Francisco

and finally, not be unproductively trying to study at this hour

2 comments: