Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hi, please get a life

Warning: Rant about school ahead...I am in the worst faculty on the planet! Probably in the universe!

So, let me tell you  a story. We had a final on Monday, the 14th of December, because the Prof wanted an extra class on Dec 7th(also a Monday). There was a vote, no one wanted the class, so the final got moved to the 7th. This meant that instead of ending finals on the 14th, they would be done on the 11th, which is a Friday, which means an extra weekend. So I took the weekend before the 7th off and was mentally prepared to be done on the 11th. A friend's coming from out of town exam week so I wanted to go out for lunch or something that weekend. Also, having 3 finals in a week is beneficial for me; if there is anyone who can work well under pressure, it is ME! 3 finals in one week, watch me soar!

On Monday, we are told in class that students have informed the Professor that changing the date of the final is against University policy, but we still decided to have it on the 7th. The next day we get an email saying that the final will be moved back to the 14th because it is a violation of policy and if we wanted it moved, it had to be done weeks ago and with the written consent of every student in class.

Naturally, everyone was pissed! My entire study plan went out of whack. All my other plans got screwed too, I'm working on the 12th and now I'll have to possibly change that. Can't do that lunch either. And this is the course I was hoping to do well in, I enjoy it. I can't study on  a weekend, I just can't. I don't know how I'll do good now. I'm very worried.

Anyways, point being, EVERYONE got super pissed and changed their FB statuses along the lines of "Who is the effing retard?" "Who tattled?" etc etc. People made plans based on the 11th (they're letting people who've booked tickets take the final on the 7th, provided they can show proof like a plane ticket).

I don't know who it was, really. But here's a message for them:  I know you don't have plans for the weekend, or any other time in life, and you want extra study days for other exams, again, for the reason stated above. But the rest of us, we have lives, we make plans. You miserable loser, whoever you are!(we don't know who it is, I have a suspicion, and sadly, he's a friend of mine..he either did it out of love or for grades...another post is required for this topic)

That's not even the worst part. We get an email today from the Assistant Dean saying that the people who tattled were in the right, it is against policy, it's not the Prof's fault, AND he's heard that people have "nasty Facebook statuses" against this person which is considered BULLYING (mind you, no one mentioned any names in their statuses, we don't know who it is). He said, "shame on you" to the people who had these "nasty" statuses and that if he found out who these people were he would bring disciplinary action against them. YA! I KNOW!

HOW EFFING GAY IS THAT?!?!? Am I five? Am  I in kindergarten? WTFFFFFFFFFFFF?!!!!!

Stop treating me like a child! This is a professional program, not pre-school. I have freedom of speech.And technically, I am not pointing any fingers, I don't know where to anyway.So how is it bullying? I haven't threatened anyone either.

And then (possibly) this same person goes and cries about the facebook statuses? I know most of my class needs to get laid, or convert to Islam and stop thinking about getting laid and focus their attentions elsewhere (makes a whole lot of sense why pre-marital sex is haram, not getting it makes people insane)
Then there's the faculty. Sending out an email about FACEBOOK STATUSES? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I swear, these people have nothing to do. Then, they cry about having no money and jacking up our tuition/fees. But you already do nothing, why should I pay you more to send me emails about what I can and cannot say in my facebook status???

Anyways, the people who really need a life in this whole situation, are the tattlers. My faculty is too damn lazy to ever go and make sure the exam took place on the right day. They'd probably just find out the day of and then what will they do? Plus, I've heard there's loopholes around it. It's not set in stone. The Prof could just move it and not tell anyone. Which is what would have happened, if this-person-who-desperately-needs-to-get-a-life, would not have tattled.

Did you learn nothing in elementary? You don't tell on people! It's uncool. Oh right, you had no friends because you tattled throughout your school years so how would you know. It all makes sense now.

I also think the Assistant Dean needs to stop treating us like we're in elementary and this is something horrible that's happened on the playground to some kid. Tattler dug his/her own grave, now deal with it!

Wow, seriously! People in my class need a life! DESPERATELY! I wish they sold those somewhere, I'd gift it to them for Christmas.

*deep breath* rant over

1 comment:

  1. wow. If i were human I would feel for you right now. Sadly I am not. However I call this extremely homosexual, they have crossed all boundaries of general fagotteering and gone over to the side where they have banners that read Faggots R us. May God help you.

    ReplyDelete