Friday, November 27, 2009

One-liners

Every time I  fall for a song, I identify with or adore one specific line or part of that song. It's the part that places meaning in that song for me. It's the part I wait for every time the song starts playing.

So, I am going to start a  "One-Liner" series. I was initially thinking of compiling a list of one-liners. When I started to write the post a few days ago, I could not think of a single one-liner to off the top of my head. So, I decided to compile a list as I would listen to my favorite songs (and subsequently, my favorite parts). But that will take a lot of time. So I've decided to do a series thing. Every time I'll come across one my favorites, I'll post it.

One-liner # 1 is Iris by Goo Goo Dolls (my favorite song of all time as mentioned here):

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

It speaks volumes to me. The first part is just worded so beautifully. That's why I like it. But the italicized part is awesome. "You bleed just to know you're alive" It well-represents the monotony and stagnancy of life sometimes, the fake-ness of it all, the artificiality. It means so many different things. I'm sure everyone interprets it differently too. That's the beauty of lyrics/poetry.

To be honest though, I pretty much LOVE the lyrics of the entire song!

No comments:

Post a Comment