Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Atif's my most played song? Uh-oh...

My favorite song was introduced to me (formally) in January 2009. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. I fell in love instantly..and I listened to it for hours. Whenever I get upset, I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO listen to Iris at least once, usually it's the first song I play. It was at the top of my "Top 25 Most Played" on iTunes for months.

Just out of curiosity, I checked that list today, and Tera Honay Laga Hoon (by Atif Aslam, no less) has 50 more plays than Iris. UH-OH :O

The reason, though, is because when I fell in love with Iris, I wasn't synching my nano to my iTunes (I had a new computer, hadn't loaded my old songs onto it, didn't want to lose them on my nano). When I switched over to my ipod touch a couple of months ago, I synched it. So now, the ipod plays are counted as well and when I went into Tera Honay Laga Hoon MFOD , I was listening to that song on repeat, even on the ipod. But I'm still surprised I listened to it THAT much.

Don't worry, Iris, my mission is to  restore you to your rightful place ASAP!

(EDIT: I just realized I have an acoustic version of Iris on my playlist too(it's #3 on my top 25), and if I combine the number of plays of that and original Iris, the total is much higher than the plays for Tera Honay Laga Hoon. *phew* there's hope for me still!

P.S. It's not that I hate Atif, I don't, but he is definitely NOT worthy of the top spot)

2 comments:

  1. I officially do not like you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't either! :(
    But I can redeem myself. I realized I have an acoustic version of Iris too which has been played 133 times, ie making the total count much higher than the Atif song.
    Woohoos! There is still hope!

    ReplyDelete