Friday, November 27, 2009

Eid Mubarak!! :D

I just read this somewhere and I can so relate to it.

“Our souls remain hovering in places where we once enjoyed ourselves” - Khalil Jibran (he's a genius *sigh*)

I guess it applies to Eid as well. My most favorite Eids were in Pakistan, where the entire extended family used to come over for lunch. Sleeping late on Chand raat with mehndi drying on my hands all night long, waking up at like 8 am, getting ready, the traditional visit from the neighbor aunty before 9 am, the habbar dabbar in the house (especially for Eid ul Adha because the kurbaani took place in our backyard), the ecstatic moods, the Eidi, the new clothes, the random visits by people, the kabab (a staple at everyone's house on Eid), the get-togethers, the familial encounters, the phone calls.
Most of all, I miss having 3 days off for Eid. To celebrate it in full form.

Can't believe it's been over 10 years since I've celebrated Eid this way.

Oh well, hopefully, Eid won't be too bad this time..although, I do have to go to class and I have a quiz I'm not remotely prepared for.  Wow, that's like the best Eidi ever :P

Hope yours is going better! Eid Mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment